Different Visa Types In Japan & Easiest Way To Go To Japan - CLTC Higher Education

CLTC Higher Education

+94 077 056 56 16


The Ultimate Guide to Visa Types in Japan for International Students: How to Easily Study and Work in Japan


Discover the different visa types for international students in Japan, including the easiest way to get a student visa and how CLTC Higher Education can help you get admission to universities, colleges, and schools in Japan. Learn about part-time working limits and hourly wages for students in Japan. Main reason we made this article is because so many people who become successful after going abroad will not share these details with you due to various reasons as is nature of most people. So if you benefit from this information please follow us on Social media and recommend our website to friends 🙂

Before you can pack your bags and head to Japan, you need to understand the different visa types available for you and check if Japan is viable for you financially. To go to Japan you neeed a show money of $10871.45 to $12424.51 for first year. In case you don’t meet financial requirements maybe you can get loans from bank or finance it in other ways or you could checkout this as well https://cltchighereducation.com/25-proven-ways-international-students-can-make-money-online/
Student Visa (Ryuugaku Visa)
The student visa is the most popular visa type for international students in Japan. To apply for a student visa, you need to have been accepted by a Japanese educational institution. The student visa allows you to stay in Japan for the duration of your studies, and you can also work part-time while you study.
Part-time work is limited to 28 hours per week during term time and full-time during school breaks. The hourly wage for students is around ¥1,000 to ¥1,200 (around $9 to $11) per hour. However, keep in mind that you should focus on your studies and not rely too heavily on part-time work.
CLTC Higher Education can help you with your student visa application and admission to Japanese educational institutions. They have extensive experience in helping international students navigate the complex visa application process and can provide you with admmission to the best schools.
After graduating the pathway to remaining in Japan is plentiful compared to other visa’s, common path is to apply for SSW Catergory 1 Visa or Work Visa depending on which you qualify for and after it expires or contract finishes then apply for SSW Catergory 2 Visa and then finally apply for PR. The pathway for students is well defined and many have had success.
Pre-College Student Visa
The pre-college student visa is for international students who want to study at a Japanese language school before entering a Japanese educational institution. This visa is valid for one year and can be extended for up to two years.
To apply for a pre-college student visa, you need to have a basic knowledge of the Japanese language and be accepted by a Japanese language school. The visa allows you to stay in Japan for the duration of your language course and also allows you to work part-time.
Technical Intern Training Visa
The technical intern training visa is for those who want to gain practical experience in a particular field or industry. This visa is valid for up to one to three years as per the employer and Japan embassy decision and allows you to work full-time for a specific employer. After the duration of your visa it is usually compulsory for you to return to your home country and it is not possible to change to a different visa while In Japan. To change visa type need to return home country and reapply for a different visa but there is a rule which states you should wait 2 years after return home country to reapply to Japan visa’s if earlier came with Training visa.
To apply for a technical intern training visa, you need to have a sponsor company in Japan that will provide you with training and employment. This visa is not designed for students who want to study in Japan, but it can be an option for those who want to gain work experience before or after their studies.
Also it is worth noting training visa usually is given for jobs that Japanese people may not find too desirable to do themselves which can be like farm work, fish work, construction sites, vegetable shops etc this is not always case but most of time. And another con is usually the pay is not very good so if your hoping to save money it is quite difficult since nearly all of your salary may go towards living costs since pay is not very big. Also as per employer contract most of the time you will only be allowed to work for them and not to work part time with other companies. If you get caught breaching that condition usually need pay a fine upto 2 Million Yen to your employer.
So the real pathway after Training Visa to remain in Japan is to get a Specified Skilled Worker – Technical Intern Visa which has nearly same disadvantages and duration as Training visa and after it expires you need Marry a Japanese national or else you need return to home country and then reapply after 2 years on a different visa.
Work Visa


The work visa is for professionals that have N2 or N1 level of JLPT and at least 5 years prior work experience if not inside Japan already. While International students who have completed their studies in Japan and want to continue working in the country can easily apply for a work visa since requirement is more linient or they already meet the requirements due to part time work done, but eitherway need to have a job offer from a Japanese company and meet the requirements set by the Japanese government.


The work visa allows you to work full-time for a specific employer and is valid for up to five years. You can also bring your family members with you to Japan on a dependent visa.


It’s important to note that the work visa is not designed for students who want to work while they study. If you want to work part-time while studying in Japan, you can do so on a student visa.


CLTC Higher Education can also provide assistance with work visa applications and finding job opportunities in Japan after graduation. They have a network of contacts in various industries and can help match you with potential employers.


In conclusion, the work visa is a great option for international students who want to continue working in Japan after graduation. With the right qualifications and job offer, you can apply for a work visa and enjoy a fulfilling career in Japan.

Specified Skilled Worker Visa
The specified skilled worker visa is a new type of visa category in Japan that was introduced in 2019. The visa is designed to address the country’s labor shortage in certain industries, such as construction, healthcare, and hospitality.
Here is the common list of industries that SSW Visa accepts applicants;
Ship Building and Ship Machinery Industry – නැව ඉදිකිරීම් 
Aviation Industry – ගුවන් සේවා
Electric, Electronic and Information Industry – විද්‍යුත් ඉලෙක්ට්‍රොනික් 
Manufacture of Food Service Industry – ආහාරපාන
Fishery and Aquaculture – ධීවර
Agriculture – කෘෂිකර්මාන්තය 
Construction Industry – ඉදිකිරීම් 
Industrial Machinery Industry – කාර්මික 
Machine Parts and Tooling Industry – එකලස් කිරීම
Care Workers – සාත්තු සේවය 
Building Cleaning Management – ගොඩනැගිලි පිරිසිදු 
Auto Mobile and Repair Maintenance – රථ වාහන හා නඩත්තු 
Food Service Industry – ආහාර සේවා
Accommodation Industry – නවාතැන් සේවා
There are two categories of the specified skilled worker visa: Category 1 and Category 2.
Category 1 is for workers who have a certain level of expertise and skills in their field. To apply for this visa, you need to have a N3 level of JLPT in the Japanese language and pass a skills test held by the national foreign job government authority in your country.
Category 2 is for workers who have a higher level of expertise and skills in their field with usually above 5 years of work experience. To apply for this visa, you need to have a higher level of proficiency in the Japanese language, pass a skills test, and have a certain level of work experience.
The specified skilled worker visa allows you to work in Japan for up to five years and can be renewed. You can also bring your family members with you to Japan on a dependent visa once you get the Catergory 2 visa Catergory 1 it is not allowed.
In conclusion, the specified skilled worker visa is a great option for those who have expertise and skills in certain industries and want to work in Japan. The visa provides an opportunity to work in Japan for a longer period of time and can lead to permanent residency in the future.

If you want to study abroad or know someone who does;

 Please contact our admissions WhatsApp number +94770565616 with the following details of yours when sending Initial message;
High School Results, Degree GPA & Subject Done
Subject Needed And Which Level Bsc, Msc etc?
The max budget parents/you are able to manage for degree tuition fees only In USD per year. Eg:-28,000USD per year etc(According to budget your options will be mentioned)

Please remember to include each and every detail mentioned above when sending 1st message to receive faster response as the admission team gets so many applications per day.

If you are prospecting International applicant then you need to apply directly through the application processing WhatsApp Admission Line by clicking here and substituting your details in the message that is generated on WhatsApp.

Apply Now

Share On

Share on whatsapp
Share on telegram
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!