1. Part-time job mentioned in the measures, refers to the international students in colleges (hereinafter cover both colleges and universities), under the management of the colleges, work in spare time to obtain legal income, and to improve learning and living conditions. It does not include the teaching practice and social practice according to the regular study plan.
2. International students who apply for part-time jobs should follow the principles of voluntary application, priority for students with financial difficulties, and law-abiding, under the unified arrangement of the colleges.
3. In principle, international students could work part-time for no more than 8 hours per week and no more than 40 hours per month.
During winter and summer vacations, no more than 16 hours per week and no more than 80 hours per month.
4. The colleges shall not authorize international students to work under toxic, harmful and dangerous conditions, and must ensure the students will purchase relevant insurance.
5. Part-time jobs for international students should be mainly on-campus teaching assistants, scientific research assistants, administrative management assistants, and college public services. Salary expenses are covered by the colleges.
6. The salary will not be less than the minimum monthly/hourly wage standards in the location of the colleges.
7. International students who apply for part-time jobs should meet below requirements;
Age over 18, physically fit the positions
With valid residence permit for study, remaining period of stay is over 6 months
No crime and law-violation record
Undergraduate students, graduate students, advanced students and research scholars who have been studying in the current colleges for more than one year
Academic progress and attendance have met requirements of colleges
Other conditions set by the colleges
8. International students who take part-time jobs off-campus, work for new employers/with different work time, or terminate part-time jobs must report to the Exit-Entry Administration Department of the local police within ten days.
Holders of a residence permit without work-study related information are not allowed to engage in off-campus jobs.
9. The geographical scope of part-time jobs is limited to the districted municipal administrative area where the colleges are located. The duration of each application for part-time job shall not exceed the validity period of the study residence permit, and the maximum period shall not exceed one year(meaning each year you have to renew part time job agreement and application).
10. International students who take jobs beyond the scope or the prescribed time limit shall be investigated by the Exit and Entry Administration Department of police according to law.
11, To engage in off-campus work-study activities, international students must meet the following basic conditions:
(1) Be at least 18 years old and meet the physical conditions required for work-study positions;
(2) Hold a valid residence permit for study within the territory of China, and the remaining valid residence time is more than six months;
(3) Comply with Chinese laws and regulations and school rules and regulations, be of good character, perform well, and have no criminal record or violation of laws and regulations;
(4) Undergraduate students, graduate students, advanced students and research scholars who have been studying in the current school for more than one year(on campus jobs this would not be the case most of the time);
(5) Academic progress and attendance rate meet the requirements of the school;
(6) Other conditions stipulated by the school.
12. Students should submit a copy of the signed agreement with the employer to the school for recordation, and submit a unilateral commitment letter to make commitments on risk-taking and other aspects.
13. International students who engage in work-study activities outside the school must submit the agreement, school certification letter and related materials to apply to the exit and entry administration department of the public security organ where the school is located within ten days in accordance with relevant regulations. Work-study related information such as deadlines. Off-campus work-study activities are not allowed with a residence permit without work-study information.
International students who change the off-campus work-study unit and period should submit a new agreement and the school’s certification letter to the local public security bureau’s exit and entry administration department to apply for a change of annotation information within 10 days.
International students who terminate off-campus work-study activities due to reasons such as the employer’s termination of the agreement should submit a written report to the school within ten days, and apply for information changes to the exit and entry administration department of the local public security organ.
14. If an international student is under any of the following circumstances, the school shall cancel his work-study qualification and report to the exit and entry administration department of the public security organ in a timely manner:
(1) Completed studies, dropped out of school, suspended or dropped out of school;
(2) Violating national laws and regulations or relevant school management systems;
(3) The moral character is inferior, violates social order and good customs, and causes adverse effects;
(4) Other circumstances where work-study is affected by work-study and other circumstances that the school determines that it is no longer appropriate to continue work-study.
15. If an international student’s work-study program exceeds the scope of the post or the prescribed time limit, the exit and entry administration department of the public security organ shall investigate and deal with it according to law. Stay within allowed time limit for work and do not work beyond what you are allowed since if found out the consequences will be far worse than you can think and remember no excuses can get you out of the situation, the law always prevails.
If you want to know even more in depth about these new laws and work opportunities while you study then you can watch this video exclusively here by visiting this link below;
Click Here To Watch Video
If you want to study in China or know someone who does;
Please contact our admissions WhatsApp number +94770565616 with the following details of yours when sending Initial message;
High School Results, Degree GPA & Subject Done
Subject Needed And Which Level Bsc, Msc etc?
The max budget parents/you are able to manage for degree tuition fees only In USD per year. Eg:-28,000USD per year etc(According to budget your options will be mentioned)
Please remember to include each and every detail mentioned above when sending 1st message to receive faster response as the admission team gets so many applications per day.